Skype is a common tool in the world which provides free communication through an internet connection by video/audio calls and instant messages. The app is used by different kinds of people all over the world just to keep in touch and do video calling to see the faces of people that they have taken year s and years without seeing.
It is amazing how it works, and now even professionals find it really convenient to use as they can manage to screen share and also exchange documents/files on the computer with their bosses and colleagues. However, Skype has got just one problem: it does not come with recording software yet the majority of you would have loved or wish to record some of the important calls you get and you keep wondering how to go about it, what to do to get your calls recorded.
Think no more now, the third-party developers came up with technology improvements like Skype recorder applications just to make sure you get that next interview, lesson, conference and personal conversations recorded so that you can have something to look at and memorize in the future.
What you need now is to install a Skype recorder on your windows or Mac computer to get started with recording your conversations. In this article, we are going to show you how to use a Skype recorder to record calls on either windows or Mac.
TalkHelper Call Recorder for Skype
TalkHelper Skype Recorder is the most downloaded recording software for recording Skype conversations on all windows. The app comes with a very simple interface and is free to download. One of the things that made this tool popular is its capability to record from the inside as it captures every video frame during a Skype conversation.
It records both video and audio Skype calls in high quality and stores audio Skype calls in MP3 /WAV format to playback in the future. It will record your Skype calls automatically once it detects that you have commenced a call in Skype, however, you still can change the automatic recording if you don’t want it to manual recording.
To change these settings, you have to disable one of the two so that whichever you choose can perform. Also, TalkHelper comes in two versions; it has the free trial version and the premium version. Its free trial version will offer you with both video and audio for a limited period of 7 days. And the premium is unlimited but you pay some cash if you want to upgrade.Let‘s go in details how TalkHelper works on windows.
How to record Skype calls Using TalkHelper
- Have Skype on your computer first because TalkHelper cannot perform without it. The tool works with Skype.
- Download/install TalkHelper program on your windows, there shouldn’t be any complications.
- When the installation is done, a pop-up message will come and you will click on the Allow access to authorize it.
- Once you authorize TalkHelper, you will be now entitled to record Skype calls.
- Click the recording button, the moment you start a call, alternatively, just begin the call and the app will record the conversation. Remember the automatic recording is the default setting as you see it in the image.
- You will have options like record video plus audio or only the audio, you pick what is more convenient.
- When it’s time for making a video call, remember to make the video fully filling the Skype window so that it can be optimal sized.
- After you are done with recording, click on the stop button to halt the call and it will be stored on your computer.
- It is that simple to record with TalkHelper
Pamela for Skype
Pamela for Skype is a simple tool used to record Skype calls on windows. The app records both video and audio Skype conversations in high quality.
Pamela comes in four editions which are Basic, Call Recorder, Professional and Business. The Pamela Basic and Call Recorder are free and allow you to record Skype calls for only 15minutes without any functional limitations. It records Skype conversations automatically and enables you to record audios in different formats such WAV /MP3 formats.
The app will play cool sounds with emotions during your Skype sessions and will ensure Email forwarding as well as voicemail. Pamela will organise your files really well so that when you playback your recordings in the future, you will be pleased by how organised they are. However, if you want to get the best out of this tool, i advise you to upgrade and have a great experience.
How to Record Skype Calls Using Pamela
- Downlaod/install Pamela app from the official website to your computer
- The image above indicates the four different editions of Pamela for Skype, so you choose one to download/install on your windows PC.
- You will receive a message it will be displayed at the top on the right side and Click on Give access then Pamela plug-in will be approved to start working.
- Pamela comes in automatic mode, so when you start the Skype call, it will automatically begin recording the Skype conversations.
- Alternatively if you do not like that way, your Skype calls to be recorded automatically, you go to Pamela Toolbar Panel to turn off or turn on automatic recording.
- After you have selected the recording mode, you change the location to store your recordings, also you can choose the quality as well as format of your Skype call for example; OGG,WAV/WMA format, however, MP3 is Pamela’s default format.
- Now, to open your recorded files, click on the folder that will be saved on your computer.
Mp3 Skype Recorder
Mp3 Skype recorder is no any different from Pamela. The program is simple and compatible with windows. It allows users to record both video and audio Skype conversations automatically and in good high quality.
Mp3 recorder records conversations as it stores them in OGG/Mp3/WAV/WMA format. The app is excellent for professionals since it also lets users to engage themselves in other activities during Skype recording simply because Mp3 recorder works from the background meaning it can be hidden. Download Mp3 Skype recorder to fulfil all your desires and needs for Voice over Internet Protocol VoIP recording.
How to use Mp3 Skype recorder
- Mp3 Skype recorder comes with a very simple interface; let’s go through how it works below;
- Download/install Mp3 on your windows PC
- After the installation, a message will pop-up with the word Allow access. Click on it to proceed.
- Once it’s given the authority to work with Skype. You will be on the right truck to start recording Skype calls.
- The Skype calls you make will be automatically recorded, however, Mp3 Skype still offers you with options of clicking on the start button if you do not want the calls to be recorded automatically. Then the stop button is for halting your recording when you are done. The small arrow pointing the red circle is where you click to stop the call.
- Additionally, Mp3 Skype recorder comes with a 32 bit recording rate as default which is fantastic, although it offers options which you can change from where the black arrow is pointing at.
- After, doing everything the right way and you stop the Skype call. it will be stored in the folder on your desktop.
Ecamm Call Recorder
Ecamm Recorder is a flexible and convenient app for Mac Users. This software connects to Skype or FaceTime directly, it is the type of recorder that will record both video and audio Skype conversations automatically, the tool comes with automatic and manual recording capabilities but its default settings is automatic.
Some people might not be interested in having their Skype calls being recorded automatically, and if you are one of them, what you do is to disable the automatic recording and enable the manual recording so that every time you make a Skype call, you make sure to click the record button.
Ecamm is great for online interviews, podcasts and conferences because the tool records in high quality and also allows users to share files during a Skype conversation as well as it automatically chat replies to your contacts when you step away from your computer. In addition Ecamm comes in two versions, the free trial version which requires Mac OS X 10.8 or newer as well as 7 days trial and the Premium version which comes with free Lifetime Updates, advanced features and friendly support whenever you need it. The app is lightweight and easy to install.
How to Record Skype calls using Ecamm
- Google for Ecamm on your Mac
- It will display two versions, the free trial version and the Premium once you go to Ecamms website.
- Select one, but it’s always important to try the trial version before you upgrade.
- Download/install Ecamm application from the official website to have it on your Mac PC
- After the installation, you will be notified to click the Allow access button in Skype which will mean you have given Ecamm authority to start working in Skype.
- When that step is done, you will be free to start making Skype calls and they will be recorded automatically or alternatively, you click on the Red record button to continue.
- The app comes with a “Stop button” of which you will click on to end the Skype call.
- After ending your Skype call. The recordings will directly go the Finder folder and you will be able to playback the videos in the future.
QuickTime is a class apart when it comes to efficiency. The application is advanced and compatible with Mac, it allows users to record Video and audio Skype conversations in high quality without any functional limitations. It is excellent at converting images to different files.
When recording Skype calls with QuickTime app, it is possible to make slide shows for both Skype calls in Skype as well as record video Skype conversations in full preview. That said, the app will let you store music videos from the web and you can edit your recorded Skype videos too, if there are some segments you do not want, it is easy to crop and resize them to look better for future usage.
How to Record Skype Calls with QuickTime
- Download/install QuickTime on your Mac
- When the installation is done, launch QuickTime & select File, New Screen Recording.
- After selecting, QuickTime will be set to start recording Skype calls, so you click on the Record Button.
- When you have pressed the recording button, this is what will show while recording
- Other recording instructions will appear during your recording sessions and you choose what is appropriate
- Once you have completed your Skype recording, just click on the Stop Recording button on the menu bar to end your recording.
- You will have the chance to edit the recording by just clicking on the right side at the bottom of the window & select Trim
- Haul the handles to choose the frames you prefer to remain in your Skype recording
- Once you feel contented with your choice of the frames, select Trim.
- When you’re happy with your selection, choose Trim.
- Here you will now choose a format as well as save location, and then select Save. Your Skype recording will be available already for upload on the internet where people can preview it.
All the Skype recorders that I have mentioned in this article for both windows and Mac do come with a very simple interface that is flexible for all users. Whether you are experienced or inexperienced, you will find them really smooth to record your Skype calls. This guide should be able to give you the satisfactory and efficiency you have been looking for on how to record Skype conversations on your windows/Mac.